Apply for the Program Analyst Job Position at UNDP in Colombia. Under the matrix management of the Portfolio Manager/Specialist, Regional Office, and the UNDP Country Director/Deputy Country Director, the Program Analyst leads and manages the UNV Field Unit.
She/he is responsible for effective strategic planning, leading to mobilization and placement of UN Volunteers, select administrative/operational support to volunteers, and advocacy and positioning of UNV interests in the country, in line with UNV’s Strategic Framework.
The selected applicants will have the following responsibilities
UN Volunteer mobilization and management
- Liaise with UN agencies in the country to ensure an understanding of UNV’s mandate, key offers and the added value that UN Volunteer assignments bring in support to the achievement of their respective mandates;
- Also, maintain business intelligence on UN agencies, identifying specific entry points to diversify partnerships with the key result of increased volunteer assignments, including the assessment and reporting on the forecast demand for UN Volunteers in the country;
- Likewise, identify volunteer placement opportunities and present UNV value proposition and volunteer modalities with the objective of maximizing international and national volunteer presence, including collaboration in the preparation of descriptions of assignment, with partner agencies and other partners;
- Also, ensure that incoming and outgoing UN Volunteers are adequately briefed and debriefed and extend personal support and guidance to UN Volunteers serving in the country;
- Furthermore, work closely with the Field Security Officer and provide support to the UN Designated Official to ensure a detailed understanding among UN Volunteers on all security-related issues
Advocacy, partnership building, and UNV program integration
- Lead UNVs’ field efforts as the representative of the organization in the country
- Establish, foster and maintain effective outreach and relationships, including the formalization of partnerships and other exchanges of confidence
- Develop and manage the implementation of the Field Unit’s annual work plan
- Lead the UNV country-presence to ensure coordinated and effective delivery of services
Skills and Experience for Program Analyst Job Position
Here’s a list of the requirements that the candidates must fulfill to be eligible for this position
- Master degree in social sciences, international development, project management, public/business administration or related fields.
- 2 years of relevant work experience preferably in a humanitarian, development and/or peace related field;
- Also, experience in partnerships and/or inter-agency cooperation is essential;
- Likewise, work experience with the United Nations is an asset;
- Additionally, previous experience in a civil society setting and/or as a volunteer with volunteer management and/or promotion of volunteerism is a distinct advantage.
- Fluency in Spanish;
- Likewise, working knowledge of English.
- Experience in Microsoft office and internet;
- Also, openness to embrace Digital Transformation and use of new technologies
Do check out oyaop.com for more job opportunities.