Apply for the Regional Program Officer Vacancy at IREX in Guatemala. The name of the organization is IREX International.
Summary of Position:
IREX seeks a qualified Program Officer for the global, cross-sectoral USAID Youth Excel Activity . This project will design and apply an approach to using implementation research to strengthen cross-sectoral positive youth development programming, help youth-led and youth-serving organizations use implementation research, and synthesize and promote findings broadly.
The Program Officer will manage day-to-day implementation of Youth Excel activities in Guatemala and potentially other locations in Latin America .
The incumbent will have the following responsibilities as a Regional Officer
- Create and implement activity workplans for country-level activities, in collaboration with supervisor, Project Lead and project team .
- Also, provide day-to-day management for Youth Excel activities with a focus on supporting local organizations who are co-leading or leading these activities at the local level.
- Likewise, coach and mentor local partners and subgrantees in Youth Excel approaches. Includes: carrying out assessments and mapping with youth and identifying public and private sector partners; overseeing and co-planning agendas and logistics for virtual and/or in-person events; co-facilitating events , trainings, workshops , and dialogues ; providing on-going mentoring and feedback to youth-led initiatives and youth-created knowledge products ; and managing micro- and small-grant portfolios.
- Also, assist in conducting due diligence and background checks for local partners and subgrantees and develop ing risk mitigation strategies .
- Smilarly, support and monitor Youth Excel subgrantees ‘ work , including identifying resources and support that subgrantees need to strengthen their capacity .
- Also, provide day-to-day monitoring an d constructive advice/support to subgrantees that is in line with subgrants including compliance with U.S. government and IREX policies and financial management and so on…
Qualifications for Regional Program Officer Vacancy
Candidates must meet the given criteria to be eligible
- Must be a citizen of or permanent resident with work authorization in Guatemala
- A demonstrated commitment to youth inclusion , particularly focusing on marginalized groups
- Similarly, soft skills including humility, adaptability, a growth mindset, and creative/entrepreneurial thinking
- Experience developing partnerships with public and private sector entities in Guatemala
- At least four ( 4 ) years of experience working on youth-led and/or youth-serving initiatives in Guatemala
- Also, experience with monitoring and evaluation (M&E), research, and adaptive methodologies
- Preferred experience working with USAID-funded programs ; understanding of USG regulations a plus
- Likewise, excellent facilitation skills and experience facilitating virtual and in-person trainings and/or workshops
- Outstanding verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and cross-cultural skills required
- Also, strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact and cooperate effectively with a large and multicultural team
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities of your choice.