The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) announces vacancy opening Senior Procurement Policy Specialist in its headquarters Beijing, China. The position holder will develop and oversee the Bank’s operational procurement policies, associated directives, and administrative guidance, ensuring that their application by recipients of Bank financing is consistent, efficient, fair and transparent, and that procurement under the Bank’s projects is conducted on a fit-for-purpose and value-for-money basis. In addition to that, the incumbent will also provide technical guidance and expertise to both recipients and Bank staff in order to help facilitate successful project delivery.
- Developing and refining the Bank’s Procurement Policy Framework as well as appropriate directives, guidance and other necessary documents including standard tender documents.
- Undertake review and fiduciary oversight of project documents for investment operations and provide policy assurance to the Vice President for Policy and Strategy.
- Providing policy guidance to the Bank’s investment operations including the procurement specialists in the Bank’s operation services department.
- Similarly, providing guidance and support to Bank staff on cases of misprocurement and procurement-related complaints.
- Developing and delivering operational procurement training to Bank staff and recipients of Bank financing.
- Assisting with the development and implementation of the Bank’s new IT-based operational procurement tracking portal.
- Also, contributing to secretariat support for the Bank’s operational Procurement Committee.
- Liaising with procurement counterparts in other multilateral development banks (MDBs) on cofinancing and policy harmonization issues.
- Providing procurement opportunity briefings to Bank members, firms and consultants as required.
- Furthermore, assisting with the identification and recruitment of suitable staff and consultants to undertake the role of procurement specialists in the Policy and Strategy department.
- At least 10 years relevant procurement experience for MDB-financed infrastructure projects, and substantial procurement experience for private sector operations.
- Sound knowledge and significant experience of international best practice in infrastructure tendering and contracting strategies.
- Professional knowledge of public procurement legislation and international/national procurement policies and procedures.
- Also, substantial experience working with MDBs and/or other international/bilateral aid agencies on procurement policies and procedures.
- Ability to conduct project procurement risk assessments.
- Similarly, the capacity to provide recommendations of risk mitigation measures on both policy and regulatory compliance and the recipient’s proposed project delivery strategy.
- Significant experience in IT-based procurement monitoring and data management systems.
- Strong communication, analytical, project management and problem-solving skills as well as the experience of being a strong team-oriented player.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in engineering, public procurement, or related fields from a reputable university; professional Procurement Certification (e.g. CPSM, CIPS) preferred; and
- Furthermore, the ability to forge partnerships with recipients, co-financiers and other stakeholders.
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank that has headquarters in Beijing, China. The AIIB has aims to support the building of infrastructure in the Asia-Pacific region. Moreover, there are 76 members as well as 26 prospective members from around the world.
Click this link for more information for this Vacancy at Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank.