Apply for the Vacancy for Accounting Coordinator at ITDP in the USA. The deadline for the application is 20th June 2021.
Organization: Institute for Transportation & Development Policy (ITDP)
The Institute for Transportation and Development Policy (ITDP) promotes sustainable and equitable transport worldwide. ITDP is a nonprofit organization headquartered in New York City with offices in Brazil, China, India, Kenya, Indonesia, Mexico, and the United States. ITDP’s programs focus on bus rapid transit, non-motorized travel, travel demand management, parking, transport policy, and urban development.
- Process all accounts payable, including staff expense reimbursements, field staff salaries, consultant invoices, inter-office transfers, vendor billing, and company credit card bills; verifying accounting coding, contracts, backup documentation, and approvals.
- Additionally, review and correct discrepancies for transactions in Intacct, corresponding with staff
and consultants to solve discrepancies and confirm payments.
- Also, make bank deposits.
- Additionally, assist in the annual audit.
- Likewise, gather reimbursable expenses for funders and third parties.
- Review monthly bank statements for NY accounts, making necessary monthly closing entries and performing a soft reconciliation.
- Generate monthly Shared Expenses reallocations.
- Moreover, monitor checking bank account cash flow and monthly expenditures.
- Additionally, process bi-weekly payroll for the US staff and collect and review timesheets for all staff.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Additionally, 1-year experience working in an accounting-related environment and/or accounts
payable; a combination of work and internship experience is also acceptable.
- Also, experience with Intacct, Microsoft Word, and Excel required; experience with ADP Time
& Attendance, ADP Workforce Now preferred.
- Furthermore, basic knowledge of accounting, including journal entries, general ledger, financial
reports, and double-entry accounting.
- Also, the ability to manage time efficiently, especially to discern and prioritize urgent requests.
- Strong communicator with excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication
- Similarly, strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Fluency in another language a plus: Mandarin, Spanish or Portuguese preferred.
- Also, on-the-job training in nonprofit and/or international organizations, with similar challenges a plus.
- Furthermore, familiarity with Salesforce.
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “Accounting Coordinator” in the subject line.
Visit the official page for more information.
Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.