Apply for the Vacancy for Assistant Teacher at Save the Children in the USA. The position of Assistant Teacher assists in the instruction of preschool-aged children in activities designed to promote social-emotional, physical, and cognitive growth. Assistant Teachers are also responsible for assisting the Teacher in the general day-to-day operations of the Head Start classroom.
- Engage with children during all activities throughout the day; provide constant supervision of children during all learning activities indoors and outdoors and ensure safe environment.
- Assist in planning and conducting activities with Head Start Teacher to meet individual needs of children in accordance with the daily schedule.
- Likewise, guide and facilitate activities with Head Start Teacher including classroom projects and field trips.
- Moreover, the candidate will maintain classroom management using developmentally appropriate techniques.
- Also, provide a safe and developmentally-appropriate learning environment; interact with children one-on-one and in small groups.
- Protect the safety of children by implementing active supervision techniques to ensure no child is left alone or unsupervised at any time
- Likewise, work in cooperation with Head Start Teacher and Manager/Specialist of PFCE to engage families as full partners in assessing their needs and strengths
Qualifications for Vacancy for Assistant Teacher
- At a minimum, a Child Development Associate (CDA) or credential of a state-awarded certificate that meets or exceeds the requirements for a CDA credential, or be enrolled in a CDA credential program to be completed within two years of the time of hire.
- Also, knowledge of the purpose of the Head Start/Early Head Start program.
- Within the first six months of employment, must hold a Family Services Credential.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills; ability to follow directions and take initiative.
- Also, the ability to work collaboratively with Head Start Teacher, other staff, parents, and community partners in the provision of high-quality services to children and families.
- Additionally, the ability to relate sensitively with children and to work well with staff, parents, and families.
- Also, to keep all information on families strictly confidential.
- Furthermore, the ability to use Microsoft Office products and on-line client management systems.
- Generous Retirement Savings with matching company contributions
- Pet Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Identity Protection, Home, Auto, and additional Life insurances
- Leadership and Employee Development Training, including:
- Remarkable in-house CORE, Senior Management Development, and Leadership Development Programs
- Language learning opportunities
- Continuous Improvement skill development programs
- Brown Bag information sharing sessions
Visit the official page for more information about the position. Also, visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.