There is an announcement for Vacancy for Associate Legal Officer at UNESCO in France. Interested candidates can apply for the position now.
The incumbent will do the following duties
- Review complaints, and protests against administrative decisions, and draft recommendations to the Director-General;
- Additionally, organize meetings and ensure the smooth functioning/services of advisory boards (Joint Disciplinary Committees and Reports Board): prepare the hearings of the Joint Disciplinary Committee and of the Reports Board, serve as Secretary of the boards and prepare subsequent reports and recommendations from HRM to the Director-General for decision;
- Also, examine any other requests and complaints related to human resources legal issues; prepare draft HRM reply and/or recommendation for other Sectors/ Bureaux/ Offices and/ or Director-General
- Furthermore, review the legal aspects of draft administrative circulars, memoranda of agreements and other texts referred to HRM for comments or clearance;
- Also, conduct in-depth research and studies on both legal and factual aspects of the issues of human resources and undertake any other duties as requested.
For the Vacancy for Associate Legal Officer at UNESCO in France
- Advanced university degree (master degree or equivalent) in International Law.
- A minimum of two years of experience in the legal field.
- Additionally, at least one year of experience in the legal and/or human resources field in the international environment.
- Solid analytical skills and ability to speak and present effectively, concisely and persuasively.
- Good knowledge of international administrative law.
- Likewise, excellent written and oral communication and drafting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and client-oriented service approach.
- Additionally, the ability to work in a team and maintain effective working relationships in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to take initiative in follow up actions.
- Discretion, integrity, and tact.
- Also, the ability to work well even under pressure.
- Good IT skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English or French (oral and written) and good knowledge of the other language.
- UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan, etc.
Visit the official website for further details.
Also, visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.