Apply for the Vacancy for Associate Program Officer at ITC in Switzerland. The deadline for the application is 15th November 2020.
Organization: ITC – International Trade Centre UNCTAD-WTO
The Associate Program Officer will be responsible for the support to project implementation, including the deployment of the tools and methodology developed by the TSD practice
Annual Salary (net of tax)
Starting from 47,895 US$, with annual increments subject to performance.
The incumbent will have the following duties
- Works with key clients to facilitate the development, implementation and evaluation of assigned program/projects, etc.; monitors and analyzes specific aspects of program/project development and implementation; reviews relevant documents and reports; identifies problems and issues to be addressed and recommends corrective actions; liaises with relevant parties; identifies and tracks follow-up actions.
- Additionally, carries out basic research on selected aspects of programs, operations and other activities, etc., to include collecting, analyzing and presenting statistical data and other information gathered from diverse sources.
- Also, assists in performing consulting assignments, in collaboration with the client, by planning facilitating workshops, through other interactive sessions and assisting in developing the action plan the client will use to manage the change.
- Likewise, participates in survey initiatives. Also, assists with design of data collection tools; issues data collection tools, reviews, analyzes and interprets responses, identifies problems/issues and prepares preliminary conclusions.
- Furthermore, contributes to the preparation of various written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analytical notes, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc.
- Provides administrative and substantive support to consultative and other meetings, conferences, etc., to include proposing agenda topics, identifying and proposed participants, preparation of background documents and presentations, handling logistics, etc.
- Also, undertakes outreach activities; participates in the development of training workshops, seminars, etc.; participates in and makes presentations on assigned topics/activities.
Qualifications for Vacancy for Associate Program Officer
The incumbent must meet the following criteria
Education: An advanced university degree (Masters of equivalent) in business administration,
management, economics or a related field
Note: Candidates who have completed a first level university degree business administration,
management, economics or a related field may be considered with an additional two years of
Work Experience: A minimum of two years of relevant experience in project/program
management, administration or related area.
Additionally, experience in trade-related technical cooperation, in particular in the area of IT & ITES sector and export development highly desirable.
Also, experience working with developing countries and LDCs desirable.
Languages: Advanced knowledge of English with a working knowledge of French required.
Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
Visit the official page for more information. Also, check out oyaop.com for more opportunities.