Apply for the Vacancy for Business Controller at EFI in Germany. The European Forest Institute (EFI) is an international organization, with 29 member countries and
approximately 120 associate member organizations. EFI undertakes forest research and policy support at a pan-European and global level, with headquarters located in Joensuu, Finland. EFI has its other main offices in Barcelona, Bonn and Brussels.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that all finance and related processes, policies, and practices are followed and proactively monitor, and propose areas for improvement
- Similarly, support the preparation of unit (department) financial plans/forecasts, prepare analysis, and conduct regular reviews and follow-up against these plans/forecasts
- Likewise, provide support and guidance to ensure effective management of projects
- Support the preparation of project proposals (bids), and the contract preparation process
- Similarly, support the implementation of a new accounting and project IT system, and act as the local “super user” for the system
- Furthermore, support financial management, administration, and reporting at the institutional level
Qualifications for Vacancy for Business Controller
- Bachelor or master’s degree, with a focus on accounting or finance, or another recognized finance/accountancy qualification
- Additionally, at least 5 years’ experience within the Finance function, with at least 2 years involvement in budgeting, financial planning, and reporting activities
- Also, experience within a project focused organization would be advantageous
- Familiarity with recognized accounting standards (e.g. International Accounting Standards, German GAAP, etc.), either through studies or by practical experience
- Furthermore, fluency in both English and German is essential
- Experience using financial/book-keeping software and Microsoft Office applications is essential
- Also, experience in using ERPs (Oracle, SAP, etc.), would be desirable
The employee will be an EFI staff member. A fixed term appointment of 5 years, with the possibility for extension and subject to a 6-month probationary period.
Also, this intends to be a full-time role, however for the right candidate a part-time contract (minimum 75%)
could be considered. Also, the role is intended to start in early 2021, with first interviews conducted during
Interested candidates must send (in English) a CV including copies of academic degree
Visit the official page for more information. Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.