There is an application call for Vacancy for Chauffeur at UNFPA in Botswana. Interested candidates can apply for the position now.
Under the authority of the UNFPA Resident Representative, and under the supervision of the Administration and Finance Officer, the driver will have to contribute to the effective and efficient management of rolling stock, to the organization of staff travel. the project, and UNFPA staff.
- Carry out daily maintenance of the vehicle for which it is responsible: checking the oil and water level, the battery, the brakes, the tires and maintaining cleanliness, etc .;
- Additionally, carry out minor repairs in the event of a vehicle breakdown and record them in the documents provided for this purpose, and schedule major repairs in agreement with the supervisor;
- Also, make the necessary arrangements for major repairs, oil changes, checking tires and brakes, and cleaning the vehicle, etc
- Likewise, record official journeys, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil checks, lubrication, etc., in the appropriate documents and keep the vehicle datasheet up to date
- Additionally, ensure that all immediate arrangements are made in accordance with UNFPA procedures in the event of an accident or involvement in an accident;
- Furthermore, ensure the availability and updating of all documents and equipment required for the vehicle
Qualification and Experience
- Have the level of studies of the first cycle of secondary education;
- Additionally, the candidate should hold a valid Driver’s License (B);
- Have at least 3 years of experience as a driver without accident;
- Also, he/she must have minimum work experience of five (05) years as a driver for international organizations, development projects, NGOs, tourism operators, public administration.
- knowledge of rules and regulations of conduct, rules of protocol
- Additionally, the candidate must have a good knowledge of the rules of conduct for drivers operating in the United Nations System and International Organizations;
- Likewise, basic knowledge of mechanics (auto) would be an asset;
- Knowing how to use the IT tool is an asset;
- Also, holder of driving licenses B and D, master automotive mechanics, particularly the operation of all-terrain vehicles (4 x 4);
- Additionally, he/she should have a basic knowledge of the road network.
- Have a good command of oral and written French
Visit the official page for more information.
Also, visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities