Apply for the Vacancy for Climate Change Specialist at IsDB in Saudi Arabia. The deadline for the application is 3rd November 2020.
The incumbent will do the following duties
- Co-lead various Communities of Practice (CoP) in different sectors with regards to climate mitigation, which entails providing intellectual leadership on positioning the Global Practice (GP) internally and externally in various sectors in relation to climate mitigation.
- Also, take part in project appraisal, design as well as processing and approval process as team member along with relevant regional hub. Lead provision of input on climate change aspects (including climate risk screening and co-benefits identification).
- Likewise, take part in MCPS formulation with relevant departments at HQ and Regional Hub.
- Also, participate in the development of strategic plans, analytics and other products related to climate mitigation within the climate change division and with other Global Practices in Country Programs Complex.
- Additionally, contribute to GPs work on climate change, identifying staff and learning needs and setting competencies and standards for their global, regional and country-specific solution areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Climate Change, Sustainability, Environmental Studies, Engineering or any related field.
- Additionally, a minimum 8 years of relevant experience in implementing climate change projects (of which 4 years are in a developing country context.
- Also, experience working with IFIs/Development Agencies/Multilateral Development Banks preferred.
Skills & Necessary Knowledge:
- Sound knowledge of international climate negotiations policy and the current best practice.
- Demonstrated ability to lead or contribute to high-level analytical work and policy dialogue in IsDB Member Countries.
- Also, planning & organizing / project management skills
- Analytical thinking
- Likewise, problem solving
- Sound knowledge of Environment/Climate/Carbon Finance.
- Report Writing skills.
- Also, presentation Skills.
- MS Office skills.
Visit the official page for more information. Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.