Apply for the Vacancy for Community Nurse at FHI 360 in Zimbabwe. The Zimbabwe HIV Care and Treatment (ZHCT) mechanism project increases the availability and quality of care and treatment services for people living with HIV (PLHIV) by complimenting the Ministry of Health and Child Care’s (MOHCC) efforts towards HIV epidemic control in Zimbabwe. The project provides technical assistance to the management, coordination, and provision of comprehensive HIV clinical care and treatment services within the national HIV program.
- Provide HIV Testing Services including integrated symptom screening at the community level and ensuring linkages to care and treatment.
- Additionally, ensure linkage to ART at the nearest health facility or/and provide community ART Initiation to clients identified to be living with HIV at the community level.
- Similarly, strengthen health facility and community linkages through working closely with MOHCC site nurses and community-based health workers in the development of robust referral systems for PLWHIV.
- Also, working closely with the facility-based nurses and health center committee, engage and recruit community-based cadres to support project implementation.
- Capacitate and supervise the community-based cadres working to support the implementation of ZHCT project activities and administer a performance-based incentive scheme to the community-based cadres.
- Likewise, ensure retention in care of PLHIV through the formation and maintenance of community HIV DSD models, Support groups, and defaulter identification and tracking and tracing.
The candidate should meet the given requirements for the position
- RGN/PCN/Primary Care Nursing or equivalent
- Certificate in Rapid HIV Testing and Counselling is a must
- At least two years of managing HIV interventions at the community level
- Registration with Nurses Council of Zimbabwe
- License to practice as a nurse in Zimbabwe
- Class 3 license or willingness to ride a motorbike is a must.
- Motorbike riding experience is an added advantage
- Training in Advance HIV management is an added advantage
- Sound knowledge and experience in M&E is an added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficiency in English and relevant local language (Shona, Ndebele)
- Also, knowledge of community health practices and general medical ethics
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and efficiently within a team
- Additionally, the ability to analyze and report relevant activities.
- Sound knowledge of HIV care and treatment practices in Zimbabwe
- Furthermore, results-oriented and able to meet project deliverables
- Also, computer literacy is a must
Furthermore, FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Also, its staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication, and social marketing – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
Visit the official page for more information. Check out oyaop.com for more opportunities.