Applications have opened for the Vacancy for Writing Instructor in the USA at Interlochen Center for the Arts. The category of the position is Liberal Arts – English and Literature.
The incumbent will do the following duties
- Teach a two-hour workshop 5 days a week for Intermediate (6th-9th grade) &/or High School (9th-12th grade) creative writing majors with a focus on fiction and poetry, and creation of a portfolio
- Additionally, teach 2 one-hour introductory creative writing electives 5 days a week for Intermediate (6th-9th grade) &/or High School (9th-12th grade) Creative Writing majors students who are majoring in other arts areas.
- This course should cover fiction and poetry and can include brief introductions to other genres depending on instructor expertise; (Instead of the above schedule, some instructors might teach 2 two-hour workshops per day, or they might be asked to teach 4 one-hour creative writing electives per day minus any longer workshop obligations)
- Also, attend weekly Creative Writing faculty meetings
- Similarly, assist with organizing and hosting student readings at the end of each 3-week session
- Furthermore, teach 2 one-hour generative prompt class sessions per three-week session to all Intermediate majors
The candidate should meet the following requirements for the Vacancy for Writing Instructor in the USA
- MFA or MA in Creative Writing
- Also, teaching experience at the high school or college level
- Additionally, experience with high school or junior high school students
- Furthermore, the University prefers candidates having experience with both poetry and fiction
Housing and Meals
- Faculty have a choice of on-campus or off-campus housing.
- Also, a $10.00/night stipend is included in your agreement to go towards the cost of your housing choice.
- Similarly, on-campus housing is subject to availability.
- (Early arrival/late stay requests, if available, will be paid in full by the employee.)
- Moreover, the campus will include lunch with the incumbent’s agreement and is available through various cafeterias on campus.
About the Interlochen Center for the Arts
Interlochen Center for the Arts is a tax-exempt, 501 non-profit corporation, operating an arts education institution in northwest Michigan. The center is situated on a 1,200-acre campus in Interlochen, Michigan, roughly 15 miles southwest of Traverse City.
Visit the official website for more information.
Visit oyaop.com for marvelous job opportunities.