Apply for the Vacancy for Data Protection Officer at WFP in Italy. The deadline for the application is 2nd November 2020.
Organization: United Nations World Food Program (WFP)
To design data protection and privacy policies and strategies and oversee effective and consistent implementation at the global level, providing technical advice, educating WFP employees and conducting regular monitoring of data subjects’ information to ensure compliance with the established standards and rules.
The incumbent will do the following duties
- Act as a main authority in WFP for personal data protection matters, internally and externally, building agreements for data sharing following international best practice.
- Additionally, in consultation with key stakeholders, formulate and implement the personal data protection and privacy policies
- Furthermore, regularly report and provide advice to the Deputy Executive Director and the Data Governance Board about status of implementation and observance of the personal data protection policy as well as on personal data protection issues and new trends in WFP and the sector at large.
- Also, in collaboration and consultation with key stakeholders, review and develop procedures and guidelines aimed at the smooth operationalization of the strategy and policies.
- Likewise, provide strategic policy and/or technical advice to relevant organizational entities when developing personal data related WFP policy positions.
- Furthermore, manage inventories of personal data sharing and transfer agreements, Data Privacy Impact Assessment (DPIAs), data breach notifications, complaints by data subjects, records of processing activities and exceptions.
Education: Advanced university degree in Law, International Law, Human Rights Law, Political Science or Information Science with Law as a major subject, with a preference for International Law and Human Rights Law desirable. University Degree required.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
Experience: 13 years of work experience with:
- 10+ years of experience in the various privacy and data protection disciplines
- Also, 5+ years proven track record of dealing with data protection and privacy issues globally;
- Likewise, 3+ years of work experience in risk management in relations to data protection and privacy and/or compliance. Other relevant fields will be considered as long as candidate can demonstrate relevancy to this role;
- Furthermore, 5+ years in management and leading cross-functional teams.
Visit the official page for more information. Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.