Apply for the Vacancy for Deputy Director at Evidence Action in Kenya. Evidence Action aims to be a world leader in scaling evidence-based and cost-effective programs to reduce the burden of poverty for hundreds of millions of people in the poorest places. Last year Deworm the World reached 280 million people children with deworming medications, partnering with governments to launch, scale, and sustain mass school-based deworming programs.
The Deputy Director, Programs, Africa Region, will serve as the lead for operations of the Dispensers for Safe Water program which we implement in Kenya, Uganda, and Malawi, as well as oversee existing. Also, new implementation partnerships in other geographies. Additionally, will provide support to the Accelerator team during the process of program exploration and development. It may involve strategic reviews of new intervention areas. Likewise, early-stage engagement with government and other organizations. Furthermore, will take the lead in policy and partnership engagements in the region.
Regional Government and Partnership Engagement.
- Manage a high functioning regional policy and partnerships team.
- Additionally, in collaboration with Regional Director and Program Leads, identify, articulate, and execute key government and policy goals and objectives for all Evidence Action programs in the Africa Region.
Global Program Development Support
- Review and input into new intervention areas being developed by the Accelerator team, with a particular focus on country fit and feasibility.
- Additionally, engage with governments and other stakeholders to scope emerging Accelerator program opportunities and to help lay the groundwork for new country entry.
- 6+ years of experience, preferably in management consulting or development program management, including a track record of high-level relationship management.
- Additionally, exceptional people management skills, inclusive of internal and external stakeholders; able to work effectively in a ‘matrixed’ environment.
- Also, the ability to set and implement a strategic vision for a large program and/or organization.
- Similarly, a strong belief in the importance of evidence-based decision making.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or Master’s degree in economics, international relations, public health or related field from a recognized University strongly preferred.
- Also, experienced and comfortable working collaboratively across teams and cultures, including senior representatives of major foundations and international organizations.
- Strong, persuasive written, and oral communication skills, including experience with public speaking.
Visit the official page for more information.
Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.