Apply for the Vacancy for Economic Affairs Officer at the UN in Switzerland. The deadline for the application is 6th November 2020.
Organization: United Nations Conference on Trade and Development
The Officer will have the following duties
- he/she monitors, assesses and reports on development in the multilateral trading system and their implications in developing countries.
- Likewise, leads or participates in the formulation, organization and management of mandated programmes of economic analysis and the formulation of possible trade policy and strategies to foster regional or global integration.
- Similarly, supports Member States in assessing, negotiating and implementing trade agreements including South-South trade agreements such as the Global System of Trade Preferences (GSTP) among developing countries, in a manner that contributes to their sustainable development.
- Supervises a team of professional and general service staff undertaking this work.
- Commissions economic studies and analyses that cannot be undertaken internally.
- Also, conceives, plans and manages expert group meetings, seminars and similar consultations that contribute to the finalization of the work unit’s outputs.
- Furthermore, finalizes reports on development for issuance by the United Nations.
- Functions as the head of the team.
- Contributes to the formulation of the medium-term plan, the programme of work and the budget of the unit and participate in the formulation of the organization’s overall programme of work and other similar endeavours.
- Provides direct substantive support on development issues to the Trade and Development Board of UNCTAD by offering strategic advice, giving technical guidance and assisting in developing a consensus.
- Likewise, manages the work unit’s contribution to the preparation and management of meetings of intergovernmental bodies.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in economics or related field. Also, the organization may accept a first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying work experience in lieu of the advanced university degree.
A minimum of ten years of progressively responsible experience in economic research and analysis. Also, policy formulation, application of economic principles in development programmes or related area is required.
Additionally, a minimum of five years providing technical and advisory support to countries on multilateral and regional trade negotiations is desirable.
Visit the official page for more information. Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.