Applications have opened for the Vacancy for Epidemiologists at WHO in Botswana. Interested candidates can apply for the position now.
Under the direct supervision of the WHO Representative in Gabon, the coordination of the IVD Team Leader and WHE, the Consultants will provide technical support to the region of assignment. Also, to all the other institutions in terms of epidemic management COVID-19 and the surveillance of diseases under surveillance. Additionally, they should work in harmony with national frameworks and develop effective relationships with partners, members of the country team, and the entire organization.
- Support the DRS team in planning and implementing activities to respond to the COVID-19 epidemic;
- Also, the DRS team in planning and implementing integrated epidemiological surveillance and response (SIMR) activities;
- Likewise, the design, use of tools for collecting, compiling, analyzing, interpreting and transmitting data to the central level;
- Additionally, advise the DRS framework team to promote functional relationships and support mechanisms between the levels of the health pyramid;
- Also, work in collaboration with the community and clinicians to identify diseases with epidemic potential;
- Similarly, support the DRS management teams in the collection and transport of samples to the laboratory.
- Furthermore, the incumbent will support the analysis and interpretation of laboratory results for decision-making.
Qualifications for Vacancy for Epidemiologists at WHO
- Hold a doctorate in medicine or a master’s degree in science, health.
- Also, a diploma in public health and/or epidemiology will be an asset.
- Additionally, at least five (5) years of experience in epidemic management and disease surveillance and response
- Likewise, have at least two years of professional experience in epidemiological surveillance
- Good command of French. Likewise, working knowledge of English.
- Communicate in a credible and effective way
- Respect and promote cultural differences
- Producing results
Visit the official page for more information.
Also, check out oyaop.com for more opportunities.