Apply for the Vacancy for Field Education Assistant at the UN in Turkey. The deadline for the application is 17th September 2020.
Support to programme development, planning and execution.
- Compile data and information on the UNICEF supported Education Programme activities in the respectively assigned province(s) to facilitate the preparation of reports, working papers, and presentations.
- Similarly, support close contact and coordination between UNICEF and the school managements in the province(s) to arrange meetings, workshops and training courses pertaining to programme development.
- Furthermore, support the implementation of communication plans for education-related activities as needed.
Support for monitoring and reporting of programme results.
- Prepare and maintain records, documents and control plans for the monitoring of project/programme implementation.
- Additionally, conduct field visits and report on the implementation of the UNICEF supported Education Programme activities in the respectively assigned province(s), including implementation activities under RWP (e.g., teacher training, SVEP, CCTE and others).
- Similarly, support monitoring of the implementation of the UNICEF-supported non/informal education activities and early childhood education (ECE) programmes through a partnership with the Municipalities, NGOs/CSOs in respected assigned provinces.
Support for resource mobilization.
- Compile and organize information and data pertaining to donors (both current and potential).
- Furthermore, ensure proper visibility for UNICEF at the field level and support the organization of events, including donors’ site visits for UNICEF-supported activities.
Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education – Additional Comments:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area, e.g. education or area related discipline.
Required experience: 24 Months
- At least 2 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in planning and management education, social development, or other relevant programmes; experience with emergency and humanitarian response is an asset, as is experience working in the UN or other international development organization;
- Excellent oral and written skills in English and Turkish; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills; Arabic language skills would be an asset
- Additionally, accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Furthermore, excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members. Additionally, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels. Likewise, familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Likewise, the ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Similarly, solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Arabic(Optional), Level – Working Knowledge
Visit the official page for more information. Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.