Apply for the Vacancy for Finance and Budget Officer at United Nations University. The deadline for the application is 30th August 2020.
- Reviews, analyses and finalizes the preparation of the medium-term strategy and its revisions on the basis of departmental submissions, taking into account recommendations and decisions of specialized intergovernmental bodies including UNEA and the General Assembly.
- Additionally, the incumbent provides substantive support to relevant intergovernmental and expert bodies in their review of the medium-term strategy and its revisions; secures approval from UNEA and the General Assembly.
- Furthermore, ensure legislative mandates are accurately translated into program budgets.
- Reviews, analyses and finalizes cost estimates and budget proposals, in terms of staff and non-staff requirements from (a) the divisions and regional offices, including programmatic aspects; (b) ensure compliance with the medium-term strategy and other legislative mandates.
- Additionally, provides detailed input with respect to resource requirements for budget submissions.
- Issues allotments, authorizes sub-allotments, including redeployment of funds when necessary, ensuring appropriate expenditures.
- Furthermore, he/she manages and monitors budget implementation and recommends reallocation of funds as necessary.
- Moreover, monitors expenditures to ensure that they remain within authorized levels.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business administration, finance, or related field.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two years of qualifying work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible work experience in finance, administration, budget, business administration, or a related area.
- Additionally, proven working experience with the Enterprise Resource Platform (ERP) systems, (e.g., UMOJA)
- Similarly, strong qualitative research and analytical skills are highly desirable
- Furthermore, experience with management reports and the use of reports in Business Intelligence is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. Furthermore, for this internship fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another UN language is an advantage.
Visit the official page for more information.
Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.