Apply for the Vacancy for Head of Office, Humanitarian Affairs, at the UN in Turkey. The deadline for the application is 21st October 2020.
Organization: Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
The incumbent will have the following duties
- Serve as senior policy advisor to the UN RC/HC, the UN Country Team (UNCT) and the humanitarian country team on safeguarding the humanitarian principles, and initiatives to facilitate effective delivery of humanitarian assistance and protection;
- Also, develop and maintain contacts with the international community in order to raise awareness and advocate for issues of humanitarian concerns;
- Additionally, act to strengthen cooperation across humanitarian organizations on policy issues of inter-agency concern and serve as a key interlocutor with relevant Government partners;
- Likewise, advise, promote and provide guidance to the UN RC/HC, the UNCT and the humanitarian county team on humanitarian affairs
- Similarly, support the planning, monitoring, and evaluation of humanitarian programs, facilitating incorporation of lessons learned, policy guidelines etc. into humanitarian response activities;
- Also, promote best practices in humanitarian planning, response and evaluation;
- Facilitate inter-agency resource mobilization in support of response efforts, including through humanitarian pooled funds, the UNCERF and other relevant mechanisms for ongoing as well as new and /or emerging emergencies;
- Likewise, develop, reinforce and maintain effective coordination mechanisms with the humanitarian county team and other key humanitarian stakeholders
The candidate should meet the given criteria for the eligibility
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business or public administration, finance, accounting, law, social sciences, international affairs, political science or related area. Additionally, the Un May accept a first-level university degree in combination with an additional two (2) years of qualifying experience in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years of progressively responsible experience in disaster relief coordination, humanitarian assistance, protection, human resources management, administration, logistics, financial management, budget or related field is required
- Additionally, field experience in emergency situations
- Experience in either coordinating relief/humanitarian response, or participating in coordination, is desirable.
- Likewise, experience within the UN common system or other comparable international organization is desirable.
- Previous humanitarian affairs work experience is desirable.
- Also, a minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience at the international level is desirable.
- Furthermore, experience at the senior management level is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position, fluency in English. Furthermore, knowledge of another UN official language is desirable.
Visit the official page for more information. Also, check out oyaop.com for more job opportunities.