Apply for the Vacancy for Human Rights Officer at the UN in Guatemala. The deadline for the application is 10th October 2020.
Organization: Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights
The incumbent will do the following duties
- Plans and coordinates activities related to the country mandate on human rights, including from a gender perspective and in relation to indigenous peoples’ rights.
- Additionally, conducts substantive research, monitoring, analysis, and reporting of human rights issues/events and assesses their impact on the human rights situation in the assigned country.
- Also, collects and analyses human rights data and indicators in the country of assignment, including gender-specific data and indicators.
- Likewise, provides support to other agencies, funds and programmes of the UN system in the country and assists in the incorporation of a human rights-based approach (HRBA) in the work of the United Nations Country Team (UNCT).
- Similarly, ensures human rights issues, including their gender equality dimensions and respect for diversity considerations, are integrated into political, humanitarian, and economic efforts and programs.
An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in law, political science, international relations, social sciences, or related area. Additionally, the organization may accept a first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying work experience in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in human rights, political affairs, international relations, law, or related area
- Also, experience carrying out human rights monitoring and reporting are desirable.
- Field experience is desirable.
- Experience working on economic, social, cultural, and environmental rights is desirable.
- Also, in providing advice and assistance to national stakeholders in the area of human rights is desirable.
- Likewise, experience working on indigenous peoples’ rights is desirable.
Visit the official page for more information. Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.