Apply for the Vacancy for Humanitarian Affairs Officer at the UN in Turkey. The deadline for the application is 9th July 2020.
- Leads on the preparation of various communications products, e.g. background papers, correspondence and presentations, Situation Reports, Humanitarian Bulletins, etc. to include advising on products, proposing topics, undertaking research, writing drafts, finalizing and clearing texts and ensuring distribution to agreed target audiences.
- Additionally, the incumbent advises on issues related to public information and supporting its production.
- Also, he/she initiates and sustains professional relationships with key constituencies, including national NGOs.
- Supports work on cross-cutting issues such as Accountability to Affected Populations, gender, and localization.
- Serves as the primary focal point on specific topics or policy-related issues; keeps abreast of latest developments, liaises with other humanitarian organizations, donors, etc., ensures appropriate monitoring and reporting mechanisms; provides information and advice on a range of related issues.
- Likewise, the candidate monitors analyzes and reports on humanitarian developments, disaster relief/management, or emergency situations in assigned country/area.
- Furthermore, he/she organizes and prepares studies on humanitarian, emergency relief, and related issues; organizes follow-up work, including interagency technical review meetings to support policy development work and decision-making on important issues.
An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in political science, social science, international studies, public administration, economics, engineering, earth sciences, or a related field. Also, the organization may accept a first-level university degree in combination with an additional two years of qualifying experience in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in humanitarian affairs, emergency preparedness, crisis/emergency relief management, rehabilitation, development, or other related areas.
- Additionally, three years of experience at the international level.
- Also, humanitarian experience in the field in emergency situations
- Furthermore, experience in the UN Common System is desirable.
- Also, experience in the Whole of Syria cross border operation is desirable.
French and English are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English. Fluency in Arabic is desirable.
Visit the official page for more information.
Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.