Apply for the Vacancy for ICT Manager at ILRI in Ethiopia. The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit ICT Manager who will coordinate the smooth and effective operations of the different ICT functions in Ethiopia. In addition, this position will lead to the Ethiopia customer service team.
Furthermore, the job holder will oversee the business component of the ICT service and coordinates interdisciplinary support for customer and infrastructure ICT needs in Ethiopia. Also, the job holder will provide the primary interface between the customers and the ICT Unit in Ethiopia.
- Coordinates and leverages on the Ethiopia ICT team for efficient service delivery and complies with Service Level Agreements (SLA’s);
- Also, the candidate interfaces with ICT customers including hosted institutes to ensure customer satisfaction and compliance with hosting agreements and ICT SLA’s;
- Additionally, the incumbent coordinates the reporting of the ICT Ethiopia service deliverables, ICT projects and institutional initiatives such as one corporate system (OCS);
- Likewise, he/she develops regular reporting and feedback mechanisms to manage expectations;
- Communicates with the different ICT units and follows-up on issues through to completion;
- Provides input to the strategic planning process, investment plans, and annual work planning processes;
- Also, the interdisciplinary work plans across the ICT functions that are aligned with business and organizational goals as well as Ethiopia priorities, and regularly monitors progress;
- Likewise, develops ICT budget, monitors expenditures and makes adjustments on the budget as applicable;
- Ensures full cost recovery of ICT services in Ethiopia, oversees contractual payments and ICT income collection;
- Designing training programs and workshops for staff;
- Keeps record of change requests on IT Management System;
- Also, the candidate advocates, embraces and executes change through timely stockholder communications
Academic and professional qualifications:
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related fields
- Project management certification i.e. PMI, PRINCE2 or similar certifications preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of complex hardware and software products and problem-solving / diagnostic skills
- Furthermore, certification as a Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) or Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) or Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) or CompTIA A+
- Five years’ experience for master’s degree or eight years’ experience for bachelors
- Additionally, hands-on experience in technical management, information analysis, computer hardware/software systems, computer networks, network administration, and network installation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to pass on information
- Also, good logical diagnostic skills and ability to exercise good judgment in the resolution of problems
- Also, the ability to multi-task in dealing with several different problems at a time
- Additionally, the ability to meet deadlines, monitor and follow-up on pending matters under minimum supervision
Visit the official page for more information.
Also, visit oyaop.com for more information.