Apply for the Vacancy for International Consultant at OSCE in Tajikistan. The deadline for the application is 14th July 2020.
OSCE – Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe
The OSCE POiD requires the services of an international consultant to assist the OSCE Programme Office in Dushanbe to develop the list of needed equipment for establishing the media laboratories in the journalism faculties of Tajik National University and the Russian-Tajik Slavonic University.
Duration of assignment: 01 August – 31 August 2020
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the POiD Media Officer the consultant will be required to perform the following tasks:
- Conduct desk review on the situation of local media newsrooms, TV and radio studios, as well as multimedia newsroom;
- Additionally, conduct a comparative review between the technical equipment used by Tajik media and the worldwide accepted standards;
- Also, develop a list of equipment with approximate prices and technical specifications needed to establish media laboratories in the journalism faculties of Tajik universities.
Note: Considering the current situation with the worldwide spread of COVID-19 the POiD is expecting that the hired international consultant will work on a remote base. The POiD will hire a local assistant expert to assist the international consultant to gather all needed information for implementing his/her tasks in a timely manner and in desired good quality by the POiD.
- Narrative report on the situation of local media newsrooms, TV and radio studios, as well as multimedia newsroom;
- Additionally, a detailed list of equipment with approximate prices and technical specifications needed to establish media laboratories in the journalism faculties of Tajik National University and the Russian-Tajik Slavonic University.
Note: The consultant should submit all documents indicated in the deliverables part of this TOR to the OSCE POiD both in Russian and English languages.
- University degree in journalism, social sciences, audio-visual engineering or any other related field to the scope of work;
- Additionally, a minimum 10 years of professional experience in the field of media industry working as a journalist, editor or audio-visual engineer;
- Also, knowledge of modern newsroom designs, TV and radio, and broadcasting equipment;
- Likewise, experience in the establishment of similar kinds of media laboratories in one of the OSCE participating States.
- Furthermore, professional fluency in the Russian and English languages, both verbal and written.
- Communication: Actively works to achieve clear and transparent communication with colleagues and with stakeholders of the Organization
- Collaboration: Works effectively with others on common goals and fosters a positive, trust-based working environment
- Planning: Works towards the achievement of goals in a structured and measured manner
- Analysis and decision-making: Analyses available information, draws well-founded conclusions and takes appropriate decisions
- Initiative-taking: Proposes and initiates new ideas, activities, and projects
- Flexibility: Response positively and effectively to changing circumstances
Visit the official page for more information.
Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.