Apply for the Vacancy for Interpreter-Translator at FAO. The deadline for the application is 27th October 2020.
- Provide written translations (English-Russian-English; Russian-Local-Russian, etc), project proposals a wide variety of texts dealing with agriculture and related subjects as well as administrative, financial and legal matters, from Russian-English and vice versa, and from English official local language of the country (Turkish, Tajik, Turkmen, Uzbek, Kazakh, Kyrgyz, Azeri) and vice-versa.
- Also, provide high quality translations within deadlines set, ensuring the adequate use of relevant terminology, in the areas of FAO mandate namely: agricultural production, land and water (irrigation), plant production and protection, rural development, food security, food safety, rural development, agricultural investment, forestry, fishery, livestock production, and animal health;
- Additionally, as a self-revising translator, the incumbent must produce concise and accurate translations in an appropriate style, which will not be subject to further review;
- Also, provide consecutive and/or simultaneous interpretation services during project workshops,.
- Furthermore, perform other related duties as required.
- Advanced university degree in Linguistic Studies or Translation and/or diploma from an internationally recognized interpreter/translator school specializing in one of the following official languages of the United Nations: English or Russian
- Also, three years of relevant experience in simultaneous and consecutive interpretation and translation
- Likewise, excellent writing, editing, and oral communication skills
- Similarly, skills and experience in consecutive and simultaneous interpretation from/into English, Russian or any other official language of the United Nations, as well as from/into the official language of the country is an asset;
- Fluency in spoken and written Russian and English and/or the official language of the country
- Additionally, excellent knowledge of one of the Organization’s languages, which should be the candidate’s mother tongue, and working knowledge of at least two other languages of the Organization
- Extent and relevance of experience in supporting translation services of international organizations.
- Likewise, familiarity with the FAO documentation, terminology and the reference work.
- Familiarity with terminology research work.
- Advance computer skills and word processing (MS Office and other office equipment).
- Be able to produce results with rigid deadlines
- Professional experience in providing translation services to international organization
Visit the official page for more information. Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.