Apply for the Vacancy for Natural Resources Officer at FAO in UAE. The deadline for the application is 21st October 2020.
Organization: Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
- Plans, manages, or leads highly specialized or multidisciplinary teams, leads, coordinates, and/or participates in Regional committees, project teams, and working groups, and/or provides technical leadership/secretarial services on technical networks and/or international technical policy and standard-setting bodies;
- Additionally, analyzes global and country-specific requirements and relevant technical issues to provide critical input into the FAO’s Strategic Objectives, Programme of Work, work plans and the supporting budgets and/or resourcing strategies;
- Also, implements and monitors programmes of work involving the development of the approach, evidence-based strategies, and related tools, methodologies and the supporting system/database, monitoring and reporting frameworks;
- Also, conducts, designs and oversees research and analysis activities to support the development of technical standards, international instruments, innovation, technical reports, publications and/or ongoing programme development as well as the provision of technical and/or policy advisory services;
- Likewise, provides technical and policy advice to Member countries and technical support to decentralized offices.
Qualifications for Vacancy for Natural Resources Officer
- Advanced university degree in natural resources with a focus on water resource management, hydrology, hydraulic engineering and agronomy, or a related field;
- Also, ten years of relevant experience in natural resources management, including sustainable integrated water management systems (groundwater and non-conventional water resources); water policy, regulations and programming; hydrological modelling, water-saving technologies and demand forecasting;
- Likewise, working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
- Results Focus
- Likewise, leading, Engaging and Empowering
- Also, communication
- Partnering and Advocating
- Likewise, knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Strategic Thinking
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is essential;
- Also, the extent and relevance of experience in the preparation of technical and policy reports, guidelines and manuals in the field of water resources management and water security in connection with international water-related organizations;
- Likewise, the extent and relevance of experience in planning and implementation of programmes related to natural resources in development organizations;
- Also, the ability to mobilize resources
Visit the official page for more information. Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.