Apply for the Vacancy for Operations and Security Manager at DevTech Systems in Kenya. DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to the development, with 35 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries.
DevTech is seeking an Operations and Security Manager in preparation for the Evaluation, Learning, and Monitoring Initiative (ELMI) Activity for USAID/Somalia. The purpose of this contract is to provide support for monitoring, evaluation, and program-related services to USAID/Somalia. The current USAID strategy for Somalia aims to build a durable foundation for a more stable, democratic, and prosperous Somalia in three primary technical areas: (1) democracy, governance, and stabilization; (2) education; and, (3) economic growth. The period of performance for the contract, including all Task Orders, is seven (7) years from the date of award in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Develop and maintain the operations and security plan for the USAID/Somalia ELMI project
- Additionally, analyze the environment to produce a risk assessment/mitigation plan, which will include the identification of critical information regarding threats and liabilities.
- Moreover, manage and lead supervision of field office administration and logistic activities.
- Coordinate closely with the HQ team on the project’s operations, serving as the primary point of contact on operational issues.
- Furthermore, oversee the coordination of workshops, training, and events both in Kenya and Somalia;
- Review and revise security plans as necessary, including occasional travel to Somalia.
- Collaborate with the mission, the Chief of Party, and HQ to improve the operations and security management of the Somalia ELMI project
- Also, responsible for supporting efforts that will ensure the safety of all employees for the duration of the project.
- Also, promote awareness within the project and encourage, clients, contractors, and all other personnel supporting the project to implement all security procedures.
- A bachelor’s degree in business management or any other related technical field.
- Additionally, it least five (5) years of operational and security management experience on USAID-funded projects and/or other international projects/programs.
- Furthermore, prior experience in a high threat environment, preferably in Somalia.
- Possess strong analytical skills with the ability to persuade/advise senior decision-makers on operations and security matters.
- Also, the ability to produce clear and concise reports to be presented to the mission and HQ.
- Experience delivering training and other ‘Security Awareness’ briefings at the appropriate level for a wide range of different audiences.
- Furthermore, must have an understanding of cultural factors and sensitivities when working with the field office.
- Also, be willing to be flexible regarding hours and respond quickly to time-sensitive or urgent requirements.
- Likewise, must have the ability to work in tough climatic environments and under strict living conditions with the potential risk of danger.
Visit the official page for more information. Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.