Apply for the Vacancy for Power Management Engineer at ESA in the Netherlands . The last day to apply for the position is 4th December 2020.
Power Management Engineer in the Power Management and Distribution Section, Power Systems, EMC & Space Environments Division, Electrical Department, Directorate of Technology, Engineering and Quality.
The Power Management and Distribution Section provides functional support to ESA projects and carries out technological research (R&D) in power management and distribution for space applications, both primary or secondary, platform or payload.
The incumbent will report to the Head of Section and, within the technical fields described above, your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- providing expert technical support and consultancy to ESA projects, programs and general studies in the area of power management and power distribution throughout all project phases;
- Also, participating in feasibility studies, project reviews and evaluation of procurement proposals;
- Likewise, identifying critical development problems and assisting in their resolution;
- contributing to the definition of technology development requirements and work plans for the Agency’s technology programs;
- defining, initiating and managing R&D activities covering both long- and short-term needs;
- Likewise, fostering new application areas for multidisciplinary activities, with the emphasis on innovative concepts, cutting-edge technologies and system architectures;
- laboratory activities as required;
- Additionally, monitoring applicable scientific and technological trends and maintaining state-of-the-art expertise;
- contributing to dissemination of the results of the activities performed and the transfer of knowledge across the Agency.
- General background and specific experience in the technical domains covered by the position
- Hands-on hardware experience
- Also, project support experience in a relevant domain
- Spacecraft systems knowledge
- Likewise, hands-on laboratory experience
- Experience in the preparation of procurement activities for technology development and innovation (statements of work, proposal evaluation, etc)
- Also, experience in the management and monitoring of industrial activities, including participation in reviews
A Master’s degree in electrical engineering is required.
- Experience in the design of power systems at early phase stages of space missions, and the use of relevant tools;
- Also, in power system analysis, including power and energy budget assessment;
- Also, the knowledge of analysis and verification for the distribution system and secondary power system;
- Experience in DC/DC converter design and verification;
- Likewise, experience in power converter control;
- Also, in the use of electrical simulation tools;
- Furthermore, experience in the power system support for Launch and Early Phase Operations (LEOPS) of space missions.
Visit the official page for more information. Likewise, check out oyaop.com for more job opportunities