Apply for the Vacancy for Program Coordinator at UNDP in Bangladesh. The deadline for the application is 1st August 2020.
UNDP Bangladesh’s Country Programme Document (2017-2021) seeks to assist the Government of Bangladesh and its development partners to implement Sustainable Development Goals by 2030. In the context of the Bangladesh 7th Five Year Plan (7FYP), upcoming 8th FYP, and the government’s vision to graduate from Least Developed Country status, UNDP will aim to ensure a more resilient, green and inclusive society that shares its increasing prosperity with all.
The incumbent will do the given duties
- Overall operational management for successful implementation;
- Supervision and coordination of different teams to ensure delivery of project outputs;
- Knowledge building and capacity enhancement services;
- Financial Management, procurement, and disbursement;
- Also, provide policy support to the project;
- Strategic partnership and resources mobilization;
- Additionally, manage the human and financial resources for achieving results in line with the outputs and activities outlined in the project document and AWP;
- Ensure efficient programmatic and financial delivery of the projects;
- Similarly, perform appropriate project management actions to ensure output and outcomes as outlined in the project document and AWP;
- Also, prepare monthly, quarterly and annual progress report as per UNDP/GCF/GEF guidelines and organize quarterly progress, mid-year, and annual reviews;
- Likewise, initiated Project’s Budget Revision in line with UNDP’s Requirement;
- Organize meetings of the Steering Committee, TPR, and Advisory Panels (if relevant);
- Likewise, provide planning and strategic assistance to the project professionals to maximize the efficiency of the project team and the project outcome.
Qualifications for Vacancy for Program Coordinator at UNDP
- Minimum Masters in the disciplines of Environmental Sciences, Climate Change, Urban Development, Development Studies, Economics, or closely relevant disciplines;
- At least 10 years working experience where 7 years minimum in the relevant areas of climate change adaptation and mitigation, environmental management, urban development, etc;
- Additionally, proven experience in providing management advisory services, hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects.
- Also, demonstrated knowledge and experience in working in the field level of UN project is essential;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in working in climate-vulnerable areas and with UN project is essential
- Work experience in other multi-lateral or international organizations will be of advantage;
- Proven track record of project management and project team experience working with government, private sectors, international organization and other key stakeholders in Bangladesh;
- Likewise, demonstrated track record in the management, monitoring, and reporting of similar project, preferably working with government, private sectors, international organization, and other key stakeholders in Bangladesh;
- Also, experience guiding and supervising multi-disciplinary project teams;
- Moreover, maturity and confidence in dealing with senior members of national institutions.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Visit the official page for more information.
Check out oyaop.com for more job opportunities.