There is a Vacancy for Program Officer at IDRC in Canada.
International Development Research Centre(IDRC) is looking for a Program Officer who will play a key role in leading the knowledge translation functions for the program. The candidate will support the team in thought leadership and facilitating research impact and uptake.
- Lead the strategic communication activities of the program, including the development of high-quality scientific publications that will ensure that the Livestock Health program contributes to global debates;
- Additionally, the candidate will lead the implementation of a research-into-use strategy to direct the synthesis, spread and uptake of the program’s knowledge and outputs among key stakeholders, particularly practitioners and policymakers; and
- Also, he/she will support research project teams in communication, outreach and research uptake.
The candidate should meet the given criteria for the Vacancy for Program Officer at IDRC in Canada
- Master’s or Ph.D. degree and a record of publication in a relevant natural or social science disciplines such as agriculture, animal health, or international development.
This position requires three years of work experience relevant to knowledge translation, communication, and research, including:
- Developing and implementing knowledge translation strategies and plans, including selecting channels and developing key messages and content for target audiences,etc
- Also, analyzing, interpreting and synthesizing technical R4D results, with experience on how to translate knowledge to practice for policymakers and practitioners.
- Furthermore, building and maintaining partnerships as an intermediary between knowledge creators and users
- Additionally, developing reports, policy briefs, briefing notes, and web and social media content for various audiences.
- Moreover, the candidate should have an understanding of Global development issues related to agriculture and sustainable food systems
- Also, current debates and research agendas related to animal health, antimicrobial resistance and vaccine development in the livestock and aquaculture sectors.
- The International Development Research Centre is a Canadian federal Crown corporation.
- Additionally, IDRC was established by the Parliament of Canada in 1970 under The International Development Research Centre Act, which directs IDRC “to initiate, encourage, support and conduct research into the problems of the developing regions of the world and into the means for applying and adapting scientific, technical, and other knowledge to the economic and social advancement of those regions”.
- Furthermore, IDRC’s head office is located in Ottawa, Ontario. In addition, there are four regional offices, located in Kenya, Jordan, India, and Uruguay.
Visit the official website for further details.
Also, visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.