Apply for the Vacancy for Program Officer at Open Society Foundations in the USA. The International Migration Initiative is looking for a Program Officer to join its Welcoming and Inclusive Cities (WIC) Division, based in New York.
The incumbent will do the following duties
- Lead major areas of work involving furthering inclusion and empowering migrants in urban areas, with a focus on building the capacities of local centers of power and influence; connecting cities to improve migrant empowerment and inclusion. Also, supporting bold and principled mayors as global advocates. Similarly, advancing progressive migration policy changes at the national and international levels with the innovations spurred at the local level. Likewise, mobilizing cities and city leaders for national and transnational impact;
- Additionally, promote and support the collaboration and networking of cities in national and international contexts;
- Also, develop foundational grantmaking portfolios within the WIC Division of OSF, with a geographic focus on Latin America and the United States, or on Africa and Europe;
- Forge collaborative partnerships within and outside OSF to develop and execute advocacy strategies and initiatives to promote inclusion at local and national levels that advance portfolio goals;
- Furthermore, the incumbent assesses organizational capacities of key grantees and provide capacity building opportunities in order to strengthen the field of inclusion and empowerment through the agency (power and influence) of cities
Competencies for Vacancy for Program Officer
- Compassionate, visionary, disciplined, organized leader with demonstrated success in applying her/his vision in the field;
- Also, seven to ten plus years’ experience working on immigrant and refugee rights and policy, including in a leading role at a government agency (city government expertise in particular), NGO, or research institution focused on cities, city government, and city-led change within national and regional contexts;
- Likewise, in-depth understanding of Latin America and the United States and/or Africa and Europe migration corridors;
- Additionally, demonstrated experience in advancing social change strategies. That includes the ability to adapt those strategies in response to an evolving situation
Knowledge of philanthropy and grantmaking process;
Also, fluency in Spanish or French.
Visit the official page for more information. Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.