Apply for the Vacancy for Programme Management Officer in Qatar. The deadline for the application is 31st July 2020.
Organization: Office of Counter-Terrorism
Job Title: Senior Programme Management Officer
- Takes the lead to develop, implement and evaluate assigned programmes/projects, etc.; directs subordinates in programme/project development, implementation, monitoring and assessment; directs review of relevant documents and reports; identifies priorities, problems and issues to be addressed and propose corrective actions; liaises with relevant parties; identifies and initiates follow-up actions.
- Also, ensures implementation of gender mainstreaming guidelines by assessing the implications for men and women of any planned action, including legislation, policies or programmes, in all areas and at all levels.
- Additionally, the incumbent directs research and programme evaluation and presents information gathered from diverse sources.
- Coordinates policy development; reviews the assessments of issues and trends, preparation of evaluations or research activities and studies,
- Additionally, the incumbent undertakes survey initiatives; guides design of data collection instruments; reviews, analyzes and interprets responses, identifies problems/issues and prepares conclusions.
- Supervises preparation of various written outputs, e.g. background papers, analysis, substantial sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc.
- Likewise, directs substantive support to consultative and other meetings, conferences, etc., to include proposing agenda topics, identifying participants, preparation of documents and presentations, etc.
- Manages outreach activities; raise funds; designs and conducts training workshops, seminars, etc., makes presentations on assigned topics/activities.
- Furthermore, he/she leads field missions, including the provision of guidance to external consultants, government officials and other parties and drafting mission summaries, etc.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business administration, management, economics or a related field. A first-level university degree in combination with two years of additional qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of ten years of progressively responsible experience in project or programme management, administration, international relations, or related area is required.
- Additionally, experience providing capacity-building assistance to Member States and organizations to develop and implement programmes is required.
- Also, working with issues related to the prevention of violent extremism is desirable.
- Likewise, with the implementation of programmes in the Middle East and North Africa region is desirable.
- Additionally, working with international organizations is desirable.
- Fluency in one of the working languages of the UN Secretariat, English or French, (both oral and written). Knowledge of the other is desirable. Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
Visit the official page for more information.
Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.