Apply for the Vacancy for Project Technical Officer at International Labor Organization in Thailand. The ILO is implementing the ‘Rebuilding Better: Fostering Business Resilience Post-COVID-19’ project to assist small businesses in the manufacturing, service, and retail trade sectors across Thailand, Malaysia, and Philippines to recover from COVID-19 and to adopt more sustainable and resilient business models.
The Project Technical Officer will report directly to the ILO Enterprise Development Specialist in Bangkok. He/she will work in close coordination with the ILO offices in respective implementing countries and collaborate with related ILO programs/projects in countries as required.
The incumbent will have the following duties
1. Contribute to the effective implementation of the project through timely provision of inputs, timely and efficient delivery of outputs, and monitoring and evaluation of the project activities, in conformity with ILO policies and project strategies, ILO programming guidelines and country/action programs, and administrative and financial procedures.
2. Also, provide technical advice and support to project staff and national partners in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of project activities as well as quality control of all substantive inputs and outputs.
3. Likewise, develop collaboration and maintain good relations with national partners and counterparts, particularly employer and Business Membership Organizations (EBMOs) in respective country, business development service providers, financial institutions and other local partners including governments, national and international agencies and development partners.
4. Additionally, ensure that the results are regularly documented, monitored, evaluated, reported, communicated and used for learning and adjustment of the project. Develop a strong results measurement framework, including a monitoring system to track progress and results at various levels. Mainstream gender, disability, and ethnic culture concerns into all project-related activities.
5. Undertake technical advisory missions to countries covered by the project.
6. Also, prepare technical and progress reports for submission to donors and other partners. Write and disseminate information materials on the project.
7. Furthermore, identify training needs and organize training and capacity building workshops and meetings for project partners.
Candidates must meet the following criteria for the position
Advanced university degree in business administration, economics, finance, development studies or other relevant field.
Minimum of five years’ professional experience in relevant area, including three at the international level. This includes experience in areas such as project management, entrepreneurship, SME development, women entrepreneurship development, financial inclusion and related capacity building.
Additionally, proven development cooperation experience, preferably with the ILO or another UN agency, with sound knowledge and experience in all aspects of the project cycle, i.e. design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation. Also, proven experience in partnership building and networking and in effective fundraising, resource mobilization and donor relations.
Excellent command of oral and written English. Working knowledge of any of the local languages would be an asset.
|Type of Opportunity||General Job|
|Company Name||International Labor Organization|