Apply for the Vacancy for Senior Advisor at IntraHealth International in Guatemala. The incumbent will provide technical assistance to the Central American ministries of health and project teams in each country in the rapid start of treatment, optimization of treatment, and transition to the use of integrase inhibitors, management of tuberculosis and other opportunists; as part of the Care and Treatment Project framework.
Title: Senior Advisor in Antiretroviral Treatment
- Preparation of materials, training, and monitoring to decrease start times, for the implementation of the quick start in the clinics where the project provides assistance.
- Additionally, provide technical assistance, in coordination with the Technical Advisor on HIV, in improving screening for tuberculosis and other opportunists
- Likewise, provide technical assistance, in coordination with the HIV Technical Advisor, in the optimization of tests for initiation and follow-up of antiretroviral treatment
- Also, work, in conjunction with the Technical Quality Advisor, in the development of standards, technical review of instruments, monitoring of improvement plans and closing gaps
- Strengthen clinical screening for tuberculosis and the use of isoniazid for prophylaxis
- Furthermore, participation in ART tables in each country to improve interventions after virological failure, based on evidence
- Also, lead technical discussions with each country after failure after the implementation of enhanced adherence counseling
- University graduate as a doctor and surgeon
- With a master’s / postgraduate degree in internal medicine, HIV, infectious diseases or similar
- Also, indispensable: Knowledge in the management of antiretroviral treatment, tuberculosis, and opportunistic infections
- Likewise, knowledge of the latest global strategies for HIV care and treatment,
- Preferably, previous experience in projects funded by the United States President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and / or USAID
- The commitment to seek and create new and innovative approaches to activities
- Also, the ability to plan and design practices, processes, and procedures that allow the effective administration of people, resources. Also, processes to optimize the general performance of the organization.
- Additionally, performance management includes the ability to delegate and foster growth and leadership in each team as part of maximizing development and productivity.
Visit the official page for more information. Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.