Apply for the Vacancy for Senior Agronomist at ICBA in UAE. The International Center for Biosaline Agriculture(ICBA) is an international, non-profit agricultural research center established in 1999 through the visionary leadership of the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB), the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) Fund, the Arab Fund for Economic and Social Development (AFESD), and the Government of the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
The Senior Agronomist will be a member of the Crop Diversification and Genetics (CDG) group and a team member of the Program Directorate supporting the agronomy related activities and projects with the directorates two sections CDG and Sustainable Natural Resources Management (NRM). Specifically, the Senior Agronomist will conduct applied research for selecting conventional and alternative crops adapted to ecologies with excessive salt, heat and drought stresses
- Planning, developing and implementing projects related to agronomy of salt-tolerant crops and another aspect within the mandate of ICBA
- Additionally, developing and running crop models for crops under marginal environments
- Interact and associate with other research programs for multidisciplinary research activities and participate as a team player in developing technical reports and extension materials.
- Also, conduct specific research that is needed to enhance the quality of the existing data to bring international publication levels.
- Likewise, lead synthesis of data, preparation of required project reporting, and authoring papers for publication in refereed journals.
- Identify funding opportunities and lead the preparation of projects and proposals for submission including preparing the technical and financial components as well as identifying and liaising with potential national, regional, and international partners.
- Furthermore, participate as needed and contribute to training programs, conferences, forums, media, ICBA publications, and other appropriate fora as required to present ICBA innovations and increase the visibility of the Center
- Ph.D. in Agronomy from a recognized University
- Additionally, at least 10 years’ international work experience in Agronomy research
- Proven publication record in refereed journals
- Also, the ability to initiate, conduct, and publish research and to obtain external grant funding
- Team player to work in a multi-ethnic environment
- Furthermore, fluency in written and spoken English, and well-developed presentation, negotiation, and public speaking skills.
- Likewise, experience in statistics and database management
- Additional language skills, Arabic is highly desirable
- Similarly, supervisory experience
- Experience in project management or development projects.
- Experience in working with quinoa and/or other facultative halophytic crops
Applicants should submit their cover letter and C.V. combined in one PDF file
Visit the official page for more information.
Check out oyaop.com for more job opportunities.