Apply for the Vacancy for Senior Investigation Specialist at UNHCR in Switzerland. The deadline for the application is 20th October 2020.
Organization: Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- Reports received by the IGO on possible misconduct within UNHCR, and in specific cases affiliated staff members working under the supervision and management of UNHCR, are efficiently and properly assessed to identify the appropriate investigative approach/plan to establish the facts relevant to the case.
- Additionally, investigations of possible misconduct are carried out in a timely and appropriate manner (e.g. in accordance with the Administration of Justice in the UN requirements) and findings are reported without delay to the Inspector General.
- Design and monitor quality standards and procedures for all steps in the investigation process.
- Also, act as a focal point for specific areas of expertise/typology of investigation
- Likewise, train and coach Investigation Service staff, and other UNHCR staff, in carrying out professional investigations/forensics.
- Assess allegations of misconduct with a view to determining the most effective investigative approach, cognizant of risks to staff and operations, etc.
- Conduct investigations with sensitivity ensuring confidentiality and accuracy of evidence gathered and impartiality of conclusions reached.
- Also, conduct investigation interviews in accordance with Investigation Guidelines, UN Administrative Instructions, and the framework of Administration of Justice within the UN.
- Likewise, gather and analyze physical evidence, including forensic evidence, to establish facts.
- Advanced University Degree, in Law, Criminology, Public Administration, or related subject bearing on the conduct of investigations in administrative law contexts.
- Also, formal professional qualifications in investigation work.
- Likewise, working knowledge of UN administrative disciplinary rules and regulations.
- Also, a minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in the field of investigation, of which at least 7 years in an international environment and 5 years within the UN/UNHCR.
- Furthermore, familiarity with IT and forensic procedures.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, including the preparation of clear and concise reports.
- Ability to work effectively in English essential and French highly desirable.
- Similarly, honesty and integrity in the highest degree
- Also, resourcefulness, initiative, maturity, and judgment
Visit the official page for more information. Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.