Apply for the Vacancy for Senior Programme Associate at WFP in Myanmar. The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
To provide effective coordination and specialized support to a full range of policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
Community Engagement Mechanism (CEM)
- Coordinate the roll-out and implementation of the CEM, which includes helplines, SMS, email, Viber, suggestion boxes, helpdesks and face-to-face inputs. The AAP Associate will have the role of CEM Manager.
- Additionally, support CEM Focal Points in all Field Offices.
- Also, ensure complaints referred to Nay Phi Taw office are responded to effectively by relevant staff members.
Beneficiary communications and participation
- Analyze the different communications pathways and preferences for affected people of different ages, gender,etc.
- Likewise, design, field test, produce and disseminate to the field appropriate information education and communications (IEC) materials about WFP, its programmes and CEM to affected people.
- Additionally, conduct community consultations relevant to AAP, using participatory methods including focus group discussions, and report on them including appropriate recommendations.
Related AAP support
- Facilitate workshops, briefings and inductions on AAP, provide mentoring to CEM Focal Points and Trainer of Trainers for partners.
- Also, participate in interagency meetings on AAP and contribute to joint approaches to AAP.
- Likewise, liaise with counterpart governments on AAP issues.
- University degree (Master’s degree, or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus experience) in communications, social science, international development or law, international studies, human rights, political science, public administration or a related field is required. Or
- Additionally, a first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Myanmar and another language spoken in Rakhine, Kachine or Shan State is desirable.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of community engagement/accountability to affected populations, including feedback mechanisms, information sharing and participatory approaches;
- Also, understanding of protection and gender dimensions of AAP including beneficiary safety, dignity, gender equality and women’s empowerment;
- Likewise, knowledge of humanitarian assistance and development practice including general knowledge of UN system, policies, rules, regulations and procedures governing administration;
- Also, knowledge of the political, economic and social situation in Myanmar;
- Furthermore, community engagement skills and an ability to work in a culturally sensitive manner
Visit the official page for more information.
Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.