Applications have opened for the Vacancy for Senior Program Management Officer at UN in Hungary. Interested candidates can apply for the position now.
Department: Office of Counter-Terrorism
The incumbent will do the following duties
- Takes the lead to develop, implement and evaluate the UNOCT/SPIB project, etc.; directs subordinates in program/project development, implementation, monitoring, and assessment; directs review of relevant documents and reports; identifies priorities, problems and issues to be addressed and proposes corrective actions; liaises with relevant parties; identifies and initiates follow-up actions.
- Additionally, the candidate ensures implementation of gender mainstreaming guidelines by assessing the implications for men and women of any planned action, including legislation, policies or programs, in all areas and at all levels.
- Also, he/she directs research and program evaluation and presents information gathered from diverse sources.
- Coordinates policy development as it relates to API/PNR; reviews the assessments of issues and trends, preparation of evaluations or research activities and studies,
- Furthermore, the candidate undertakes survey initiatives on API/PNR; guides design of data collection instruments; reviews, analyzes and interprets responses, identify problems/issues and prepares conclusions.
- Furthermore, the incumbent supervises the preparation of various written outputs relating to API/PNR, e.g. background papers, analysis, substantial sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc.
The candidate should meet the given criteria for the Vacancy for Senior Program Management Officer at UN
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business administration, management, economics, political science, law or a related field.
- Also, a first-level university degree in combination with an additional two years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Additionally, a minimum of ten years of progressively responsible experience in project or program management, administration or related area is required.
- He/she should have the ability to manage teams.
- Experience in implementing Advance Passenger Information (API) and Passenger Name Record (PNR) related initiatives is required.
- Also, xperience in inter-governmental engagement as well as working in the field of Counter-Terrorism.
- Also, the candidate should have the ability to coordinate projects or programs across multiple stakeholders.
- Furthermore, he/she should have experience overseeing the establishment of a Passenger Information Unit.
- Likewise, English and French are the working languages of the UN Secretariat.
- For this post, the incumbent should have fluency in English (both oral and written).
- Likewise, knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
- Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise and also a competency-based interview.
Visit the official website for additional details.
Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.