Apply for the Vacancy for Senior Researcher at UNU in Canada. The deadline for the application is 5th October 2020.
For the past four decades, UNU has been a go-to think tank for impartial research on the pressing global problems of human survival, conflict prevention, development, and welfare. With more than 400 researchers in 13 countries, UNU’s work spans the full breadth of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals, generating policy-relevant knowledge to effect positive global change.
- lead the UNU-INWEH cross-cutting effort to mainstream gender-related aspects into all current projects and initiatives under the interconnected thematic areas
- Likewise, propose and implement innovative policy-relevant research under the thematic research area, ‘advancing gender equality for effective water management’ with a focus on water, climate, and gender linkages
- Also, contribute her/his key areas of technical expertise to current projects as required
- Additionally, contribute to fundraising efforts of the institute, including the development of cross-thematic proposals
- communicate research outputs at various scientific and policy events; co-ordinate and co-organize such events as required
- Similarly, publish research results in peer-reviewed journals, UNU-INWEH reports, and other outlets
- Also, perform other tasks as assigned by the director
Qualifications for Vacancy for Senior Researcher
- a Ph.D. in the field of gender aspects of water management, sociology, and humanities; water policy; water institutions and governance; international development; water resources planning and management; climate change, water, and health; water and disasters; or a closely related discipline
- Also, at least eight (8) years of post-PhD work experience in water- and gender-related interactive research; candidates without a Ph.D. in a relevant discipline, or without the minimum years of post-PhD experience, will not be considered
- Likewise, on top of the key specialization, knowledge of one or more of the following areas is a strong advantage: groundwater management, freshwater ecosystem services, financing water projects, advanced GIS skills, and knowledge of remote sensing
- Also, work experience in developing countries; knowledge of developing country water issues and research and policy communities; work experience in Africa is an advantage
- Likewise, the ability to carry out analytical research utilizing the variety of data and information sources to distill policy-relevant messages
- Furthermore, the ability to perform gender-differentiated data analysis; knowledge of gender-related tools and their applications in water management context; good numerical skills
Remuneration will be commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate. Also, the salary is exempt from Canadian income taxes. Additionally, this position carries an annual leave entitlement of 2.5 working days per month (a total of 30 days of paid annual leave), and private health insurance coverage.
Visit the official page for more information. Also, check out oyaop.com for more opportunities.