Apply for the Vacancy for Short Term Consultant at WRI in India. The name of the organization is World Resources Institute (WRI)
WRI India is seeking a short-term consultant to join the Climate Resilience Practice (CRP) team in India. The consultant will support the vision of CRP to help governments, civil society and private players to build a more resilient and sustainable development pathway.
The incumbent will have the following duties
- Undertake analysis and evaluation of agricultural waste and residue of key crops in identified locations to map potential for feedstock that can contribute to textile production — based on technology, yield per hectare etc. and also current uses of residues (based on the bio refineries approach for most optimal use)
- Create spatial databases of shortlisted feedstock taking into account current competing uses, harvesting practices etc.
- Identify key resilience, risk and climate impacts using methodologies like Science Based Target Initiatives, Regenerative and Sustainable Agriculture Practices etc.
- Work with the CRP team and key partner agencies to contribute to developing reports and other outreach products
- Identify and interact with stakeholders on a regular basis to communicate research findings, get feedback and build outreach
- Provide support to other CRP projects as and when required
Job Qualifications for Vacancy for Short Term Consultant
- Master’s Degree in Agriculture Engineering/Agri-tech/GIS and related fields
- In depth knowledge of crop residue, textile fibre and associated supply chains
- Expert knowledge and experience in use of GIS
- Also, the ability to undertake complex quantitative and qualitative analysis of large data sets
- Ability to work independently and shoulder responsibility
- Likewise, an insightful, independent, analytical mind with a passion for environmental and sustainable development issues
- Also, experience in contributing to research-based knowledge products grounded in strong analytical reasoning.
- Furthermore, fluency in English and Hindi
- Prior work experience with research organizations
- Prior experience in engaging and interacting with key stakeholders from the environmental and developmental space
- Also, understanding of concepts related to key technical climate change issues and trends faced by agriculture sector, and climate resilience and adaptation
- Similarly, strong outreach and writing skills – speaking and writing to diverse audiences; delivering crisp well-nuanced pieces in quick turn-around time.
Visit the official page for more information. Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.