Apply for the Vacancy for Transition Engineer at ESA in the Netherlands. The deadline for the application is 12th November 2020.
Organization: European Space Agency (ESA)
Title: G1G/G2G Ground Transition Engineer
The Transition Engineer supports the procurement and development of the next generation of the Ground Segment for Galileo.
The main duties of the G1G/G2G Ground Transition Engineer will include:
- leading consolidation of an optimal G1G/G2G transition scenario;
- Also, supporting the specification and design of transitory G1G/G2G interfaces and functionality as required to implement the G1G/G2G transition scenario;
- Likewise, supporting management of the 2nd Generation Galileo Ground Segment unclassified and classified Technical Baseline (applicable requirements and standards);
- Additionally, supporting definition of the 2nd Generation Galileo Ground Segment Statement of Work according to the applicable ECSS standards and system design objectives;
- Likewise, providing support to the 2nd Generation Galileo System Design activities as necessary to ensure consistency with the G1G/G2G transition scenario
- supporting specification of prototyping and pre-development activities to support the G1G/G2G transition scenario;
- Furthermore, regular reporting to the Head of the Galileo G2 Ground Segment Management Service;
- supporting Ground Segment reviews according to the SoW milestones and applicable ECSS standards
- In-depth knowledge of Galileo system and ground segment architecture
- Experience with both Platform and Payload Operations as well as with the design, development, maintenance and application of related operational and ground segment tools and methods
- Also, the knowledge and experience in the fields of Navigation and related data processing and performances aspect
- State-of-the-art knowledge in area of IT Infrastructure and software development and related IT trends in industry
- Likewise, knowledge and understanding of cyber security matters
- Similarly, solid understanding/knowledge of requirements engineering
Planning & Organization
A Master’s degree in information technology, electrical engineering or other scientific discipline
- You must have, or be able to obtain, security clearance to ‘ESA Secret’ level.
- You should have a good knowledge of Agile software engineering techniques. Knowledge of a scaled agile methodology would be a further advantage.
- Experience and understanding of the following technologies and engineering practices would also be considered an asset
Visit the official page for more information. Also, check out oyaop.com for more opportunities.