Apply for the position of Technical Analyst at IFAD in Rome, Italy. The International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) is an international financial institution and a specialized United Nations agency dedicated to eradicating rural poverty and hunger. It does so by investing in rural people. IFAD finances programs and projects that increase agricultural productivity and raise rural incomes, and advocates at the local, national and international level for policies that contribute to rural transformation.
Major functional activities
The Analyst will be responsible for the following tasks
- Supporting the development of the 50×2030 Data Use component’s annual work plan and multi-year work plans and ensuring their update;
- Also, contributing in the design of country-level plans for data use activities and coordinating them with the overarching Data Use component’s work plan
- Likewise, supporting assessments of country conditions to inform project design;
- Supporting the development of joint program implementation plans for promoting data use with partner country and partner implementing agency staff
- Also, building partnerships with centers of excellence, complementary technical organizations and specialized departments of other development institutions (including United Nations agencies, International Financial Institutions, bilateral cooperation agencies, non-governmental organizations, and others) as strategic partners;
- Furthermore, maintaining networks with partner government staff, policy makers, researchers, and civil society for enhanced knowledge exchange, including training workshops and seminars
- Similarly, supporting intelligence gathering and analysis of information relevant to data use and facilitates knowledge sharing experiences within SKD, IFAD and other stakeholders in the global area
- Demonstrated understanding of issues related to rural and agricultural development.
- Proven ability to provide input into strategic planning in a development institution.
- Demonstrated ability to succinctly and clearly write technical output for a non-technical audience.
- Clear aptitude in synthesizing technical papers found in the development literature.
- Also, proven capacity to write and finalize papers, reports, briefs and blogs based on analytical information.
- Additionally, advanced knowledge of Stata or similar statistical package.
- Also, advanced knowledge of NVivo or similar qualitative analysis package.
Requirements for Technical Analyst at IFAD in Rome
Applicants must fulfill the given requirements to be eligible for this position
- Advanced university degree in economics, agricultural and resource economics or related fields, PhD is an asset.
- At least two (2) years of substantive and sustained work experience in development economics, in the formulation of technical guidance and input to development programs, and/or in international policy frameworks related to global issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Working knowledge of another official language (Arabic, French, or Spanish) is desirable.
You can check out different types of job vacancies at oyaop.com.