St.Thomas University is giving away International Awards for the International students for 2020. The University’s scholarship program is one of the reasons it is able to maintain a community of exceptional scholars and dynamic leaders. More than half of first-year students hold an entrance scholarship. The scholarship ranges from $9000 to $75000.
Requirements for the scholarship application
- admission average
- Grade 12 courses and level of difficulty
- rank in graduating class
- Grade 11 record
- letters of academic reference
- Likewise, scores on standardized tests
In order to be eligible for the International awards, the students must meet certain requirements
- The scholarship is open to highly competitive students with great academic records.
- Along with that, Canadian and international candidates admitted on the basis of their high school records to the first year of full-time study on the St. Thomas campus are eligible to apply for entrance awards. However, applicants with previous university experience are ineligible for entrance scholarships.
- Also, the selection committee considers admission average, Grade 12 program (courses and level of difficulty) and ranks in graduating class as well as program and performance in Grade 11.
- Furthermore, other criteria include letters of academic reference and scores on standardized tests including provincial achievement examinations, SATs, etc
- In addition to the academic selection criteria, leadership qualities, extracurricular activities, and financial need are considered in awarding some scholarships.
Scholarship candidates should submit a completed scholarship application form with supplementary documents. Furthermore, in the application for scholarships, the candidates will be asked to submit the following documents
The candidates must complete a Scholarship Application Form after receiving an offer of admission from St. Thomas.
Likewise, they must upload a typed letter (one to two pages) in which they should explain what makes them a strong candidate for a major scholarship. Following are suggestions of areas the applicants may wish to address in their letter
- The students can put forth reasons for pursuing university studies and plans for the future and for applying as well as mention the activities that demonstrate their leadership qualities
- Along with that, they can include their extracurricular, community, and volunteer activities.
- Additionally, the candidates can address any special projects or programs in which they have been a part of
- Finally, any other area they feel is relevant to this application can be included.
Letter of references
Click here for additional details about the scholarship program.