Applications are now open for the 23rd Japan Media Arts Festival 2019. The Japan Media Arts Festival is a comprehensive festival of Media Arts (Media Geijutsu in Japanese) that honors outstanding works from a diverse range of media – from animation also comics to media art also games. Further, The festival gives awards in each of its four divisions: Art, Entertainment, Animation, and Manga. It also provides a platform for appreciation of the award-winning and other notable works and money for winners.
Opportunity Focus Areas
- Grand Prize: Certificate, trophy, 1,000,000 Japanese Yen.
- Excellence Award: Certificate, trophy, 500,000 Japanese Yen.
- New Face Award: Certificate, trophy, 300,000 Japanese Yen.
- Social Impact Award: Certificate, trophy, 500,000 Japanese Yen.
- Also, Special Achievement Award: Certificate, trophy.
- U-18 Award: Certificate.
- In all divisions, professional, amateur, independent also commercial works are eligible for entry.
- Works must be complete or release between Saturday, October 6, 2018, and Friday, October 4, 2019.
- Likewise, Permission must be obtained from the copyright holder for the use of any art, film, photographs, video images, programs music or any other content used in the submitted work. Further, the entrant takes sole responsibility for resolving any third party claims of infringement of rights and/or claim for damages. The organizer shall not be in the event of any dispute.
- Depending on the form or type of work, it may be necessary to change the division in which the work has been entered.
- All entrants must read, understand, also accept the Entry Rules and Regulations before submitting work. By submitting works, the entrant is to have all Entry Rules and Regulations as stated.
- Further, the Special Achievement Award award will be given to the work that has been implemented in society and brought impact and change in the states of media technologies and attitudes of people.
- U-18 award will be given to the excellent work by an artist born on or after April 2, 2002, or a unit/group that includes him/her as its members.