Applications are open for Abdul Hameed Shoman Prize for Children’s Literature 2021. The Abdul Hameed Shoman Foundation, the arm of the Arab Bank for Cultural and Social Responsibility, announces the opening of the door for applications for the Abdul Hameed Shoman Prize for Children’s Literature in its 15th session for 2021, on the topic of the course (diaries of a boy/girl) directed to the age group 10-14 years , noting that the last date is the end April 2021.
A diary is a recording of visible and invisible things and real or imagined incidents in their two states of separation or union, and it is narrated in the first person’s conscience. The stories must revolve around the daily life of the child or adolescent, and express what he thinks. In order to fit into the field of literature, the style must be interesting, the language is literary, the narration vibrant, along with the intimacy of the presentation and the sincerity of the approach
The Abdul Hameed Shoman Foundation grants each winner a certificate in his name and in the field of literary art, in addition to a shield bearing the name of the award and the foundation’s logo, and a financial reward of (18,000) Jordanian dinars divided into three centers:
- First place: (10,000) Jordanian dinars
- Second place: (5000) Jordanian dinars
- Third place: (3000) Jordanian dinars
- The applicant for Abdul Hameed Shoman Prize for Children’s Literature 2021 must be of Arab nationality or of Arab origin.
- The nomination for the Abdul Hameed Shoman Prize for Children’s Literature 2021 is accepted by the author himself.
- The applicant must be at least 18 years old.
- The work submitted for the award must be original and not quoted or translated from another language.
- The work submitted for the award should not be published in newspapers, periodicals, websites, or others.
- Also, the work must not be submitted to another award or has previously won a prize.
- Works that arrive after the end of the progress period and incomplete files are excluded.
- Similarly, works that are submitted outside the specified topic are excluded.
- The applicant is not entitled to make any change or amendment to his nominated work after his arrival at the award committee.
- The Foundation is not obligated to return the submitted works, whether they win or not.
- Also, the Foundation is under no obligation to provide applicants with any feedback about their ineligible works after the results appear.
- However, the Foundation has the right to publish and produce the first edition of the winning works on paper for one year, and electronically and audio for five years, and the winner will receive (50) copies of the publication.
- The winning work is subject to discussion and modification in consultation with the author at the discretion of the award board.
- Furthermore, the Foundation has the right to withhold the award for this session.
- The nominated text must be in fluent and accessible Arabic.
- Candidates can simulate the age group (10-14) years.
- Candidates can submit only one work.
- The word count ranges between 10,000-15,000 words.
- Business reception starts on 12/15/2020 and the last date is April 30, 2021
- Innovation in handling the idea
- Language and style
- Content and ideas
- Renewal and creativity
- The originality of the work