Applications are open for the Amazon Kindle Storyteller Award 2019. The Amazon Kindle Storyteller contest is a literary prize for authors who publish in any genre in English on Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP), Amazon self-publishing service. Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) is a fast, easy and free way for authors and publishers to keep control and publish their books worldwide on the Kindle. Independent publishing gives all authors more choices than they’ve ever had in deciding how to bring their writing to readers. Further, The availability of independent publishing options has resulted in a more robust. Also, a diverse set of voices telling their stories and then making those stories available to readers than ever before.
- Each Finalist will receive a Kindle Oasis E-reader.
- The winning author will receive a cash prize of £20,000 and a marketing campaign to support the book on Amazon.co.uk, as well as the opportunity to have their book translated for international sales. The winning author will also have the opportunity to have a mentoring session with a bestselling KDP author.
- Open to anyone over the age of 18 who publishes their book through Kindle Direct Publishing on Amazon.co.uk between May 1 and August 31, 2019,
- All titles must be entered into the KDP Select program for the entry period in order to be considered and must be published in print and digital formats.
- Keyword: You need to include “StorytellerUK2019” (without quotation marks) in the Keyword section on KDP when you create your book. You can add 6 more keywords.
- KDP Select: Your eBook needs to be enrolled in KDP Select while your book is in the contest. You can use any of the KDP Select benefits to promote your book while it is in the Contest.
- Formats: You need to publish your title in both eBook and paperback versions to enter the Contest. The paperback version of your book must be at least 24 pages long.
- First publishing: never publish before and must be your original work
Genres: Books can be from any genre.
- Number of entries: There is no limit to the number of books to be submitted by an author.
The number of authors: Any book submitted to the contest should have a maximum of two authors.