Applications are now open for the Biennial of Contemporary African Art Exhibition 2020 in Dakar, Senegal.
The Biennial of Contemporary African Art, under the care of the Ministry of Culture and Communication of the Republic of Senegal, is an international artistic event devoted to contemporary visual arts, gathering African artists and of the diaspora around various activities, as well as professionals of contemporary art from all continents.
Moreover, the International Exhibition of the fourteenth edition of the Biennial of Contemporary African Art is open only to African artists and the diaspora.
The Biennial objectives are
- To support and foster the creativity, promotion, also dissemination of the visual arts;
- To promote African visual artists on the international stage;
- Further, To promote the strengthening of the presence of contemporary African art on the international art market;
- Contribute to the development of art critic and publications on contemporary African art and artists.
- The “Grand Prix Léopold Sédar SENGHOR” sponsored by the President of the Republic of Senegal. It is awarded to the winner of the International Exhibition
- The Revelation Award offered by the Minister of Culture also Communication to one of the artists participating in the international Exhibition
- Further, the Organisation Internationale de la Francophonie (OIF) Award
- The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Award
- The West African Monetary also Economic Union (UEMOA) Award
- Open only to African artists and the diaspora
This file must include:
- The completed application form;
- A biography of up to 15 lines in English and French;
- Also, a detailed curriculum vitae;
- Two recent high-resolution pictures;
- A scanned copy of the valid passport until 31st December 2020
- Five high-definition reproductions (300 dpi for 30×50 cm) of works dating from October 2018 (artist’s property) on paper or digital (photographs, DVDs, CDs). Further, The name of the photographer is required, as is the date of creation;
- Likewise, a text presenting the works and their technical data (references of the parts, title of the work, dimensions, materials, value of the work and insurance, addresses of places of origin and delivery of works at the end of The biennial 2020);
- Articles in art papers and critical texts on the artist’s work, one or more expert testimonials recognized (optional).