Apply for the Breathing Space: Grants for Arts Practitioners 2020. The deadline for the application is 31st August 2020.
Pro Helvetia Johannesburg is calling Arts Practitioners for grants – Breathing Space. Artists, organizations, and networks from across the sub-Saharan African region may submit project proposals.
- Clarity of purpose, intended outcome/s, and methods? (Is it clear what you won’t do and why?)
- Additionally, originality in concept and methods, artistic quality, and relevance
- (Will the project contribute something new and significant to the field in concept and approach?
- Will the project have a life beyond the immediate stage covered by the grant?)
- Also, track record and professionalism of the applicant and their network (Will the project be professionally executed?)
Requests should be between CHF 2 000 and CHF 10 000 in value (circa US$ 2100 – US$10 500). Additionally, the more precise, specific, and clear the budget is in relation to what you are trying to achieve, the better.
- Open to artists, collectives, and organizations from across the African continent, excluding North Africa. Additionally, applicants should be actively involved in the professional arts field on the subcontinent.
- Likewise, open to all disciplines that Pro Helvetia is active in – music, performing arts, visual arts, literature, design, and interactive media, and inter-disciplinary work. Also, note that cinematographic film is excluded from Pro Helvetia’s mandate.
- Also, activities covered by the grant should be completed and reported on by the end of April 2021.
- Additionally, only one application per individual/organization.
- Furthermore, they are not in a position to cover the general salaries and running costs of organizations and institutions, beyond a reasonable project administrative fee which may be included in the budget proposal.
- Also, artists and other project-specific specialist fees may, however, be included as eligible costs.
Visit the official page for more information.
Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.