The Canada Fund for Local Initiatives (CFLI) – Rwanda and Burundi (2024)
The CFLI is a program designed to support small-scale, high-impact projects in developing countries, which align with Global Affairs Canada’s thematic priority areas for engagement.
The program is directed at projects conceived and designed predominantly by local partners. Projects are selected and approved by the relevant Canadian diplomatic mission. The CFLI also serves to support positive bilateral relations between Canada and recipient countries and their civil societies, by deepening contacts and supporting local endeavours.
Check: AI for Science Master’s program at AIMS South Africa (2024/25)
All projects must align with at least 1 of the following CFLI thematic priorities:
- Inclusive governance and diversity.
- Peace and security, with a focus on conflict prevention and peace building.
- Environment and climate action focusing on adaptation and mitigation, as well as on water sanitation management.
Cross-cutting priority: Gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls.
Also Check: SI Creative Partnerships Programme 2024 (funding available)
Funding of CFLI
- The average CFLI contribution is $30,000 to $40,000 Canadian dollars.
Eligibility of CFLI
Eligible recipients include:
- Local non-governmental, community and not for-profit organizations,
- Local academic institutions working on local projects,
- International non-governmental organizations working on local development activities,
- Canadian non-governmental and not for-profit organizations that are working on local development activities.
Check: The Alpine Fellowship Visual Arts Prize 2024
- All projects must be completed between the date of signature of the Contribution Agreement and February 28, 2025.
- The deadline for submission is January 15, 2024 at 23:59 (GMT+2). Applications submitted after this deadline will not be considered. Proposals should be submitted electronically to: [email protected]
- Only those proposals using the designated application form and including the required budget document will be considered.
- For more information on the types of activities and costs that are eligible for CFLI funding, please refer to the list of CFLI approved activities and costs.
- Proposals must be completed in English or French.
- Project proposals must explicitly answer all questions in the CFLI project application form, including the required gender-based analysis. The proposed project budget should summarize the proposed activities and associated costs.
- Applications will be assessed for approval on their merits by a selection committee.
- Due to the large number of applicants, only the successful candidates will be contacted.
- To obtain an application form, please contact the CFLI Coordinator by email at [email protected]