Applications are now open for the CLP Conservation Award 2020 for Early-career Conservationists. This funding supports early-career conservationists to conduct scientific research. Also, encourage and promote pro-conservation attitudes and deliver tangible results to better conserve and manage the natural world.
Further, the Conservation Leadership Programme (CLP) was initiated in 1985 in response to the need for additional scientific data on threatened species. The programme focused on sponsoring UK university students to collect data on biological diversity overseas during their summer break.
Moreover, Over time, the programme has evolved to address changing conservation needs. It has also, become an international capacity building programme supporting young conservationists. Further, the majority of whom are working in their own countries, to undertake applied biodiversity projects in less developed countries.
They will offer three levels of Conservation Awards:
- Future Conservationist Awards: Up to $15,000 per project
- Conservation Follow-Up Awards: Up to $25,000 per project (available only to previous CLP Future Conservationist Award winners)
- Conservation Leadership Awards: Up to $50,000 per project (available only to previous CLP Follow-Up Award winners)
- They are accepting projects across Africa, Asia, Eastern and South-eastern Europe, the Middle East, the Pacific, Latin America, and the Caribbean. Likewise, Countries that are not eligible include those designated as high-income economies by the World Bank, with the exception of some countries and island nations in Latin America & Caribbean and the Pacific.
- Projects must take place in an eligible country
- Be led (or co-led) by a national of one of these countries
- Further, Involve at least three team members and last no more than 12 months
- The projects must also target species that are listed as Data Deficient, Vulnerable, Endangered or Critically Endangered on the global IUCN Red List.
Click on each level of award to read the application guidelines and to download the application form:
- The deadline for Future Conservationists Awards applications is November 24, 2019. Previous CLP grantees applying for a Conservation Follow-up or Conservation Leadership award must submit the final report from their previous CLP project and a logical framework to CLP by October 18, 2019.
- Also, CLP will provide feedback on all logical frameworks by October 25 and, based on this review, will either invite applicants to submit a full proposal or not. All awards will be in April 2020.