Erasmus+ Virtual Exchange launches the first Online Euro-Med Debate Competition. It will bring together debate teams from all across Europe and the Southern Mediterranean.
Further, young people between 18 and 30 will meet online and discuss big societal issues of their choice. It’s an opportunity to improve communication skills, learn how to build good arguments and rebuttals, structure and also, present speeches, enhance participants’ intercultural awareness and improve English language skills.
- Social work
- Training will be online and there is no registration fee.
- The first Online Euro-Med Debate Competition is open to Debate Team Leaders from the Euro-Med region and their local teams.
- To participate with your team in the competition, you should fulfill the following criteria:
- Aged between 18-30 years old and national or resident in one of the eligible countries of the project
- Further, Proven experience as a debater, debate team leader or debate trainer
- Interest in contemporary Euro-Mediterranean issues
- Likewise, good English speaking skills
- Ability to train and lead a local debate team
Steps to join the Online Euro-Med Debate Competition 2019
If you are already an Erasmus+ Virtual Exchange Team Leader:
- Please express your interest to join the competition with your team.
- Further, In case you do not have a team; ensure your local training before 11 August 2019.
- You will be contacted to register your Team in the Online EuroMed Debate Competition.
If you are NOT an Erasmus+ Virtual Exchange Team Leader:
Kindly register for a Team Leaders Training in one of the following days:
- 20 July 2019, 27 July 2019, 3 August 2019, 4 August 2019.
- Further, Please write “Online Euro-Med Competition + Your name and country + your selected training day” in the subject of your email and send it to [email protected]
- After completing your Team Leaders Training session, you will be expected to train a local team of 6-12 debaters, You will also, be contacted to register your Team in the Online EuroMed Debate Competition.